Friday, September 14, 2012

The 7 Habits of Happy Kids

This summer, I got together with my fabulous former internship supervisor and another counselor friend of hers in our district and we planned lessons for the 7 Habits of Happy Kids.  I am so excited that the lessons have started!  Below is the bulletin board that is across of the cafeteria.  I like the idea of a tree, but we used that last year at our school for something different and I wanted something that I could use and add to as the year goes on.  There are 7 habits and 7 colors of the rainbow so, viola!  Each month, I will teach a habit to all grade levels.  After the lesson, I will have kids write down on the "gold" an idea they have for practicing that habit and display it so that others can have ideas for how to practice the habits.  Stay tuned for more to come about the individual lessons and some freebies of things I've created for the program :)



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. My school is just beginning the Leader in ME process and I am also trying to teach my students the 7 habits. Keep posting your Leader in Me ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I have really loved teaching the habits at my school. There are so many great ideas out there and I'll continue to share as I come across them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. Not sure if I can use it, but I certainly will do my best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete